Socks "R" Us

The stories of a person hopelessly addicted to knitting socks (and a few other things).

Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

I am officially a nursing student! Took me forever but i was finally accepted into a private nursing school. I am currently employed as a photographer with Sears and am enjoying capturing memories for strangers :-p

Friday, November 18, 2005

Fuzzy Feet Disaster

Oh my goodness, you don't know the meaning of the word frustrated until you've knit totally adorable, gigantic socks, only to get to the very end and see that they look like something one of Santa's elves would like. Here's the kicker, you've already cut the end of your yarn in anticipation of grafting the toe....arrghhh!!!! What's a girl to do? One word, ribbit. Yup, I had to rip almost all of it out, all the way to the beginning of the heel turn. This time I'm not going to f**k it up though, I am determined. No more, "oh well, i forgot to do one knit row between decreases on the gussett" for me, no sir. This time I'm doing every singe damn knit row between degreases, and keeping very careful track of everything else that could possibly screw up my fuzzy feet before i intentionally throw them in the washer (which is gonna hurt, even if it is a vital part of the process). And I'm procrastinating on my english hw, I just don't want to do it, but must get ass in gear and just get 'er done. Otherwise I'll fail and I'll no longer have to worry about a pesky little thing called breathing. Tomorrow is going to be a loong day, not only is it the day before my bf comes home, its the day before my english hw is due...can we say "she's screwed?" All together now, you can do it. Yet I will keep on knitting my lovely fuzzy feet, because the color is sooo beautiful that I can't help it, I have to finish these before Sunday. The world as I know it will end if I don't. Or at least that's how i justify it in my mind. My hands may never be the same after this, but my feet will sure be warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Counter