Socks "R" Us

The stories of a person hopelessly addicted to knitting socks (and a few other things).

Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

I am officially a nursing student! Took me forever but i was finally accepted into a private nursing school. I am currently employed as a photographer with Sears and am enjoying capturing memories for strangers :-p

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

DPN's

I hate my size 10.5 dpns more than anything I have ever hated before. In the first place they have no nice pointy edge, they are blunter than blunt with a little point on the end, like the people making them didn't trim them correctly. In the second place they're plastic, which normally is ok, but these just suck. And lastly, it's like trying to knit with freakin telephone poles, they are almost a Foot long!!!! They are the longest dpns that i have ever seen, and i'm down to 13 stitches, and it's nearly impossible to manage 4 of the things. On the plus side, being down to so few stitches means that i'm almost done and can being grafting the toe and casting on for the other one. But before I get to this point on the other one I may need to find some metal 10.5's. My computer has finally arrived, which means that I can stop using mom's all the time. The slight little problem is that it isn't hooked up yet, but it will be tonight when loving bf comes over to get everything all set up for me. God I love a man who can do the electronic stuff, like hooking up computers, vcr's, dvd players, stereos, just gives me the warm and fuzzies. Yes, I know, I need a hobby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Counter