Socks "R" Us

The stories of a person hopelessly addicted to knitting socks (and a few other things).

Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

I am officially a nursing student! Took me forever but i was finally accepted into a private nursing school. I am currently employed as a photographer with Sears and am enjoying capturing memories for strangers :-p

Monday, July 03, 2006

I Win!!

I finished the socks, finally! The socks that were fighting me every step of the way finally decided to give in and let me finish them. The observant person might notice that they are fraternal rather than identical socks; i am trying to let this go (its not working very well).



And the obligatory sock on the foot shot....



Now that i've finished these i've finished these I can focus on the Odessa cap I'm knitting for my grandmother. I've had some severe issues with this hat so far, but now the pattern seems to agree with me. The alpaca yarn i'm knitting it out of is kind of picky, and really likes to shed pink fuzz all over me. But Grumperina's pattern is clearly written and easy to follow, once i remembered how to count (and read for that matter) it was easy as pie. The yarn is a picky alpaca that likes to shed pink fuzzies all over me, but it is soo soft that it's easy to forgive it. I'll post pictures of Odessa when its a little further along, I can't get a good picture of it at this stage. Well, off to the post office to send the lovely Auntie her surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Counter