Socks "R" Us

The stories of a person hopelessly addicted to knitting socks (and a few other things).

Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

I am officially a nursing student! Took me forever but i was finally accepted into a private nursing school. I am currently employed as a photographer with Sears and am enjoying capturing memories for strangers :-p

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

New Pattern

I stumbled upon a new pattern the other day on another blog, saw the link to the website (www.dawnadcock.com) and fell in love with it. They are the Shapely Secrets Socks by Dawn Adcock, and they are (so far) wonderful. I especially like that the pattern doesn't obsure self striping yarns. Hopefully this will become my new pattern for everyones socks, we'll see how memorizable it is, if not...it'll be used for the people i really like, we'll let everyone else have baggy sock ankles :-p
Yes, this is the Opal Petticoat that i was determined to keep on dpns. Lets just say they took a trip to the frog pond after being so small i couldn't get them up over my foot. I don't consider myself to have abnormal leg anatomy, they were tiny...it was time to accept that maybe a 12" circular is the best way for me to make socks that will fit a normal sized person. Sorry about the crappy picture, i'm still using my phone as a blog camera. I'm working on changing that, but for now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Counter