Socks "R" Us

The stories of a person hopelessly addicted to knitting socks (and a few other things).

Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

I am officially a nursing student! Took me forever but i was finally accepted into a private nursing school. I am currently employed as a photographer with Sears and am enjoying capturing memories for strangers :-p

Sunday, June 25, 2006

I think these socks hate me


I have very good reasons for thinking this:
1: There was a rather large, nasty knot in the second part of the skein (one that couldn't be hidden nicely)
2: This knot fell right in the middle of a heel row
3: When I cut the yarn to start the heel with another matching section, the whole thing went bananas on me.
4: The slipped stitch pattern for the heel refused to work (3 times in a row) and the sock kept insisting that it was supposed to have 33 heel stitches instead of 32...and it wouldn't listen to reason.
5: When i wound the rest of the yarn into a ball, it ended up in the wrong color order and i had to rip out the portion that i had knit (it took me about 6 rounds of ribbing to notice) and re ball the whole thing. My cat enjoyed that part, i wanted to throw the yarn and the finished sock out into the lake and watch the aligator eat them.

Reasons a pleanty why these socks hate me, the ulimate reason is right here: This is the finished sock.



This is the twin to it....notice anything a bit off? Like, how it's still yarn, and not even vaguely sock shaped? This is what happens when i get ticked at my knitting, it gets put into a ball and i sit it on my desk and knit well behaved socks in front of it. Hopefully it'll learn its lesson. If it's good yarn and behaves it might get knit up into the sock it should be. I fear, however, that it will not be enough to get the whole sock out, a trip to the frog pond may be in order for the first attempt at the second sock.
In other news I bought so Lornas Laces sock yarn off of Ebay in the Camo colorway (totally awesome, and totally unable to get accurate colors with my phone camera). Right after i ripped the shameful sock off of the needles I wound the LL into a ball and cast on. I'm glad i got a colorway i don't care about, because if i had these would be mine!! The yarn is so soft and the colors are beautiful. The only problem is that i experienced and issue with pooling when i started the St. st, which drives me nuts. Needless to say they have been frogged and are waiting their turn (not very patiently or quietly either i might add). I think i have a pattern that involves enough ribbing that will keep them from pooling. Hopefully it will work.
The cool fitted socks are going well, I'm at the heel flap (which is an astonishing 42 rows long) and making decent progress. They got to go to a major league baseball game last night and watch the Braves lose to the Devil Rays. Tonight they get to go over the my bfs sisters house for dinner and brave the pseudo nephews (one of whom likes to "help" me knit) for a while.

This is the little brother to my little knitting helper, isn't he sweet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Counter