Socks "R" Us

The stories of a person hopelessly addicted to knitting socks (and a few other things).

Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

I am officially a nursing student! Took me forever but i was finally accepted into a private nursing school. I am currently employed as a photographer with Sears and am enjoying capturing memories for strangers :-p

Thursday, June 08, 2006

On A Roll

Another (almost) finished knit item; one that isn't socks! This is quite possibly the most gratifying sweater ever, probably due to the size of the thing...and the fact that it'll look adorable on the dog its for. Thats right folks, I knit a doggie sweater for the cutest 3 pound yorkie on the planet. Here we see the sweater blocking, once it's dry i'll sew the neck and tummy portions and pick up stitches for ribbing around the bottom and leg holes. This is my first attempt at this pattern, but my grandmother adores it and has made lots of them. Including the first one for little puppy dog (Sophie). I figure since she loves the one my grandma made, she'll like this one even more, its out of thicker (read, not baby weight) yarn and is 100% wool. Nice and warm for those cold Michigan winters. For a picture of Ms. Sophie wearing her other sweater, there is one in an August 2005 post that i had forgotten about.

In other news, the "Chameleon" sock yarn wasn't to my taste (took me 4 inches on the sock to figure it out) so it has taken a journey to the frog pond. Same with the Petticoat socks, which were so small i couldn't get them past my heel (I took them off the needles), guess dpns and I are just not meant to be, oh well. Have made the most adorable little baby bootie (notice lack of plural, i have made one...not one pair) but have made pathetic progress on the second. Is there a second bootie syndrome? Kind of like Second Sock Syndrome? I dunno, but I do know that I have a "Jaywalker" sock on my needles now. Great pattern so far, must admit that i've never finished one because...well, i'm fickle that way. But this yarn seems to be perfect for the pattern so far, I'll post pictures later when it's a bit further along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Counter