Socks "R" Us

The stories of a person hopelessly addicted to knitting socks (and a few other things).

Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

I am officially a nursing student! Took me forever but i was finally accepted into a private nursing school. I am currently employed as a photographer with Sears and am enjoying capturing memories for strangers :-p

Friday, January 06, 2006

Happy New Year

Sorry it's been so long, didn't think anyone actually read this thing. But I got a comment!!! Yay for me! Completed the pair of socks I was knitting in the last post, mom fell in love with them and insisted that they must be hers. So I gave them to her, and then promptly stole them back from her after 5 days of them sitting in her drawer. My beautiful first pair of socks (each with botched attempts at grafting toes) should see the world, as much as they can through my shoes that is. But I refuse to have them sit in a drawer and never get loved (yes, I know it's sad, but I'm feeling very maternal about the socks, they're my first). Slight problem...they're itchy as all get out. I wore them for about 20 minutes to the grocery store and was being driven insane for the first 10 minutes, but then again, i've never worn hand knit socks before. Ever. Must be something that takes getting used to, I'm willing to get used to it, since I have 3 more balls of sock yarn sitting in my knitting bag. And my hands hurt too much to knit damn it. So of course I made another fuzzy foot (see above comment about hands), the other one has 3 rows...thats it. But they're pretty pink, the pretty red ones may be banished to back of the closet. But I think I'm going to felt them a little further and re shape them so I can give them to someone else with my foot size, yes i know it's pathetic. But really, how many sock/slipper things can one girl have? Shouldn't I share the wealth? By the way, am completely in love with Cascade 220 or whatever it is...totally gorgeous, and so many colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Counter