Socks "R" Us

The stories of a person hopelessly addicted to knitting socks (and a few other things).

Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

I am officially a nursing student! Took me forever but i was finally accepted into a private nursing school. I am currently employed as a photographer with Sears and am enjoying capturing memories for strangers :-p

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Knitting (what else)

Ok, I've passed into the realm of insanity. I'm trying to knit two pairs of socks at once, one on a really tiny circular and one on dpns. One pattern is working out, one is not. Thats where the insanity part comes in, it's the second time i've ripped out on this sock (the first time i wanted the dpns it was living on for the other sock) and this time i've screwed up the pattern, but i don't know how. And it just looks gigantic, so I think I'll be dragging out the other set of dpns, then the circ will be free and I can start with the other ball of sock yarn!! I am a genius after all. Then I will have two self patterning socks and verigated yarn with interesting knitting pattern. Doesn't get much better than that, or can it? In fact, it can. I've got four gorgeous colors in Cascade 220 waiting to be knit into a one piece, top down cardigan. And I'm terrified of it, especially the striping pattern thing. I'm thinking broad stripes of the three main colors (a salmony pinky color, mossy green and beige) with smallish stripes of the beautiful cream in between. Any suggestions more than welcome, someone Please comment and HELP!!!!! I'll promise to even post a picture of what I'm talking about so you fully understand why I can't figure it out. That and I'm the least desisive person I know, my poor future children will have their name changed 20 times before I finally choose one for good. And I'll spend the rest of their life wondering...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Counter