Socks "R" Us

The stories of a person hopelessly addicted to knitting socks (and a few other things).

Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

I am officially a nursing student! Took me forever but i was finally accepted into a private nursing school. I am currently employed as a photographer with Sears and am enjoying capturing memories for strangers :-p

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Black Hole of Knitting

I may have made the slight strategical error of offending the beautiful red wool that I'm making my fuzzy foot out of, because I have suddenly been sucked into the black hole of knitting. I knit rows and rows and the thing stubbornly stays 8.5 inches. It needs to be 9 before i start decreases, needless to say...i'm rather frustrated now. Hopefully it'll get better ( I don't think it could get worse) and because it is Thanksgiving, I'm going to revel in the fact that i've already made one, and the toe doesn't look like it was grafted by a primate!! We're movin on up (i'm referring to me and my knitting skills, not the jeffersons). The second one is just about poetry in knitting, to my mind anyway. The gussett decreases are much neater as is the heel turn. All I can say is that I'm really glad these are being felted, so nobody will notice that one is much better than the other..oops, did I say that. Good thing slippers can't read, otherwise my completed one would come up with some death wish for itself. Must begin second doggy sweater, my friend's poor Yorkie is freezing and must have cute purple verigated thingy to send to keep her warm. Oh, in computer new, I have my computer back, my iTunes is perfectly perfect, and my loving (and talented) bf installed a tv card and a dvd rom for the thing. So now I can watch tv on my computer! How cool is that? But it gets better, I have a remote too! So I can lay in bed and watch tv on my computer and change channels, I can even turn the computer off from the remote. Technology is too fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Counter