Socks "R" Us

The stories of a person hopelessly addicted to knitting socks (and a few other things).

Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

I am officially a nursing student! Took me forever but i was finally accepted into a private nursing school. I am currently employed as a photographer with Sears and am enjoying capturing memories for strangers :-p

Friday, September 30, 2005

Date

OMG yall, I so went on a date last night!! Sure, it was just sitting around talking, but it was in person!!! I had a conversation, in person, with someone that i'm not related to or in school with!! Momentus occasion, that I can't tell my mom about yet, because i met him online. And she disapproves of online dating. But I'm working on that slight little problem, hopefully will have a solution here soon.
Knitting update; I have officially started the heel flap on my sock and will begin to turn the heel in about 8 more rows, somewhere in there. I shortened the leg of the sock, it's supposed to be 7", but that is way too long, especially when you're sick of the yarn you're working with. So I decided that 4" would be much better, though now I'm starting to regret it. We'll see, either way, this is going to be a pair of socks with 4" legs. Avoiding the baby cardi for the day, the yarn is funky, sometimes thick, sometimes thin. And it's making the stitches uneven which is driving me insane!! And my beautiful sweater with the cabled pattern on the sleeve has sat on my desk for the past few weeks because i'm too lazy to panic over screw ups. But I promise that I will start working on it again, as soon as my socks are finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Counter