Socks "R" Us

The stories of a person hopelessly addicted to knitting socks (and a few other things).

Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

I am officially a nursing student! Took me forever but i was finally accepted into a private nursing school. I am currently employed as a photographer with Sears and am enjoying capturing memories for strangers :-p

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Yikes

Well, it's been a long day (in case you didn't deduce that from the title of my post). Mom and I went to a really large Jo-Ann Fabrics and stayed for about 2.5 hours. I was really good and didn't add to my yarn stash, they didn't have anything I wanted anyway. I did pick up a knitting needle measuring thingy so I can know what size my circular needles are for sure before I start using them for a project instead of just trying to guess like I've been doing. I've also started knitting a very nice bag out of some beautiful purple wool that I picked up from my favorite LYS. Don't know where the camera is, so I can't post pictures yet, but once I find it I will. I'm in love with this wool by the way, all I've ever knit or crocheted with are synthetics, so this is totally different. But it's different in a good way. I was going to use the yarn for a sweater, but I needed to buy 10 skeins of it at $7 a skein (thats including tax and is rounded up, but still) and I don't have a job yet, so my sweater will have to wait until after Christmas. And since the dye lot will probably be different by then, I'll just use the 2 I've got for this bag. If I need more they're holding some for me (have I mentioned that I love my LYS?) Well, it's almost tomorrow, so I should get going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Counter